The Board of Examinations and Appeals for Construction Industries meets on the last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 P.M. when there is business to be conducted. The application to the Board must be filed with the Building Department by the tenth day of the month. The filing fee is $10. The Board of Examinations and Appeals for Construction Industries has the following responsibilities:
- To make recommendations to the City Council regarding types of licenses to be used in the construction industries and the scope of work covered by the licenses for the construction industry.
- To employ the services of an approved testing agency to test the qualifications of applicants for licensing in the construction industries.
- To make a continuing study of all building codes of the city and to make recommendations from time to time to the City Council as to changes or additions to the model building codes.
- To consider the granting of variances to any construction industry code when the literal enforcement of these codes would result in unnecessary hardship on the property owner.
- To consider an appeal of the Building Director’s decision on construction or the installation of a system which has been rejected as being in violation of the construction codes by the Building Department.
Reference: Municode for Decatur, Alabama