The Depot was Alabama Main Street’s 2015-2016 Historic Preservation Project of the Year. The historic Decatur union passenger depot was built by the Southern Railway in 1905. It is a symbol of the city’s rich railroad heritage which extends back to the 1830s when the first railroad west of the Allegheny Mountains, Tuscumbia, Courtland, and Decatur was built. A union depot was the result of the joint use of the depot by two railroads, the Southern and the Louisville & Nashville railroads.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m.
Additional hours are available by request in advance.
Tour groups are encouraged to make advance reservations for their visit to the building by calling 256-341-4818.