Recycling Maintenance Associate
Department: Recycling Department
Position Type: Standing Application
VACANCY ID# POSTING DATE CLOSING DATE
2023-133 10/05/2023 Until Filled
JOB TITLE Recycling Maintenance Associate
DEPARTMENT 037/Landfill Recycling COD
STATUS 1 Full-time 1Classified Service 0Exempt Service* 0Part-time/Temporary/Seasonal
SALARY GRADE * *The City of Decatur compensation plan is based on an 18-step progression system. The following reflects the entry level potential in the assigned grade/range.
**A starting salary above the minimum point of the assigned range may be considered commensurate with education, training and experience in alignment with the City’s pay administration policies**
**Salary commensurate with experience in the pay range 10 (minimum):
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES • Position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance and operations of the City Recycling.
• Maintains recycling grounds.
• Operates a bush hog, mowers, weed eaters and other ground maintenance equipment.
• Maintains and repairs tools and equipment.
• Maintains leachate building and monitors pump operations.
• Other duties as assigned by the Recycling Manager.
*Full job description available upon request or at our website -www.cityofdecatural.com
MINIMUM QUALIFCATIONS • High school diploma equivalent GED.
• A valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years
HOW TO APPLY**
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.cityofdecatural.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890