Garbage and Trash Information
- Automated collection of household garbage and yard waste is provided once a week.
- Up to two 95-gallon carts with serial numbers are assigned to each account/location. These are to remain in place unless removed by the Environmental Services personnel. If you move, please store them in a safe place or call the Department to pick them up.
- Since Decatur no longer separates green waste and household garbage at collection points, residents may mix all waste together in gray or green carts provided by the City, regardless of cart labels. For faster and cleaner service, please use the gray or green carts for grass and small shrubbery clippings instead of piling them on the street or alley for the loader trucks.
- Bulky items such as mattresses, refrigerators, and limbs are included with this service. We also will pick up small amounts of remodeling debris generated by homeowner. No contractor waste! See Solid Waste FAQS for more information on loader truck service. Delays may occur due to storms and periodic large quantities of bulk waste generated throughout the City.
- Some small businesses are also serviced for garbage.
- A monthly household chemical collection is offered the second Saturday of every month. Here you can drop off items such as: used motor oil, paint, and household cleaners.
Our Service is a Partnership: WE have a part and YOU have a part!
By working together, we can make this partnership a satisfactory one for our community.
Missed your garbage pick-up? Need to request a cart? Other solid waste concerns?
Work order requests may be sent to Work Order . Please include your: name, street address, and phone number so that we can coordinate the details with you.