The safety coordinator works in a collaborative effort with department directors, safety committees and employees to develop safety procedures and training programs. This emphasis on safety is designed to create a healthy and safe atmosphere for all city employees.
Our mission is to reduce work-related injuries and accidents and to protect the City of Decatur’s employees by providing programs and services that minimize safety, health and environmental risks.
- Conduct ongoing safety training
- Advise city departments and other agencies regarding safe work practices
- Monitor workplace conditions and safety practices
- Promote safety and health activities
- Conduct periodic inspections of city facilities
- Assist department directors in conducting job site analyses to identify safety, health and environmental hazards