There’s No Place like H.O.M.E. for Decatur Residents
With unprecedented real estate trends in full effect, first-time homebuyers in the City Limits of Decatur may be eligible for assistance.
Through the City of Decatur’s H.O.M.E. (Home Ownership Made Easier) Program, potential first-time homebuyers in the Decatur City Limits can apply for a $4,500 grant to be used toward their down payment or closing costs.
“We are thrilled to offer this program, as we welcome developments of all sizes to our community. It’s our mission in Decatur to streamline the home buying process and provide any assistance we can to our potential residents,” says Mayor Tab Bowling.
How does it work?
- Visit the City of Decatur website for a full list of participating mortgage lenders and realtors.
- Select a property and negotiate with the seller to establish a final selling price and begin the purchasing proceedings.
- Fill out the H.O.M.E. Program application and speak with the City of Decatur’s Community Development Department.
- Attend the Housing Counseling Course through CAPNA (Community Action Partnership of North Alabama).
- Attend and finalize the purchase process with the loan closing.
The Decatur H.O.M.E. Program currently has $100,000 of available grant funding. Program participants will be selected on a first come, first served basis.
For more information or questions, please contact the City of Decatur’s Community Development Department at (256) 341-4963.