Traffic Signs and Markings Technician I
Job ID#: 2023-664 STANDING POSTING
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Traffic Signs & Markings Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: $34,932.57
Salary Range: **A starting salary above the minimum point of the assigned range may be considered commensurate with education, training and experience in alignment with the City’s pay administration policies**
Application Deadline: Jul 31, 2023
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES||· Semi-skilled manual work in connection with the fabrication and installation of signs as well as the placement of markings, striping, and raised pavement markers for public right-of –ways and properties.
· Work involves erecting signs, assisting in the placement of traffic counters, and general maintenance of equipment.
· Operates paint machine and bitumen tar applicator.
· Erects barricades, detours, and other signs associated with road and bridge closings, construction projects or special events.
· Utilizes a hydraulic post puller to remove sign posts; installs sign posts in concrete utilizing the break-away system.
*Job description available upon request or at our website – www.cityofdecatural.com
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS||· High school diploma or equivalent GED; prefer one to two years’ experience in similar position.
· AutoCAD/computerized sign making software experience preferred.
· Possession or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Alabama.
· IMSA Work Zone Traffic Control and Safety certification and IMSA Signs and Markings Level I certification or the ability to obtain within 24 months from date of hire.
|HOW TO APPLY**||The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other protected status.
Employment Applications are available on the City’s website at www.cityofdecatural.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date.
May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890
**Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.