Solid Waste and Fleet Maintenance Director
Job ID#: SW034005-211012
Classification: Exempt Service Position
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Solid Waste Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 24
Salary Range: Min: $72,625.73 - $110,508.63
Application Deadline: Nov 2, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for directing and overseeing the municipal solid waste collection and disposal as well as oversee vehicle maintenance operations.
- Hires, supervises, directs, trains, develops and evaluates staff.
- Directs the efforts of environmental services through subordinates.
- Supervises office and field subordinates in support of waste management and vehicle maintenance programs.
- Recommends annual budget needs for operation and capital outlay programs.
- Develops short and long range plans to meet the community needs.
- Consults with Mayor, City Council members, local/state/federal government officials as needed to review department activities.
- A four-year degree in public administration, business, or other related field is desirable; or any combination of equivalent education, training, and experience so as to understand the key duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Prior experience managing a solid waste collection and removal operation is highly desired.
- Supervisory/management experience is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.