Revenue Enforcement Technician (Part Time)
Job ID#: 2021-PT-Revenue
Job Type: Part Time
Department: Revenue Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: N/A
Salary Range: Starting Hourly Rate: $20 per Hour
Application Deadline: Jul 30, 2021
Notice: This assignment will have a variable work schedule including some weekend hours as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform field inspections of brick/mortar, contractor, and other business licenses to ensure compliance and currency.
- Conduct investigations for business and liquor licensing and present findings.
- Provide education on City ordinances and requirements for operation of business activities and will issue citations as appropriate.
- Work duties will include driving, entering/exiting a vehicle, walking outdoors in the elements, and performing light in-door office tasks in the Revenue Dept.
- Other duties and work tasks as directed by the Revenue Manager.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- At least two years of Municipal experience with tax and license enforcement and/or issuance highly preferred.
- Law Enforcement background helpful.
- The ability to conduct thorough and accurate investigations while maintaining a level of professionalism and decorum.
- The ability to enforce city ordinances in a fair and impartial manner.
- Excellent customer service skills are required. Bilingual skills helpful.
- Must be proficient in use of desktop computers and applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.