Recycling Truck Driver
Department: Recycling Department
Position Type: Standing Application
VACANCY ID# POSTING DATE CLOSING DATE
2023-124 10/5/2023 Until Filled
JOB TITLE Recycling Truck Driver
DEPARTMENT 037/Landfill Recycling COD
STATUS 1 Full-time 1Classified Service 0Exempt Service* 0Part-time/Temporary/Seasonal
SALARY GRADE * *The City of Decatur compensation plan is based on an 18-step progression system. The following reflects the entry level potential in the assigned grade/range.
**A starting salary above the minimum point of the assigned range may be considered commensurate with education, training and experience in alignment with the City’s pay administration policies**
**Salary commensurate with experience in the pay range 13 (minimum):
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES • This position is responsible for operating a truck along an assigned route to collect recyclable materials.
• Conducts vehicle inspections to ensure safety and operability; performs minor maintenance and repairs.
• Cleans around recycling center.
• Operates baler.
• Operates a skid steer and other equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned *Full job description available upon request or at our website – https://www.cityofdecatural.com
MINIMUM QUALIFCATIONS • High school diploma equivalent GED.
• Must possess a current and valid Alabama Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years
HOW TO APPLY**
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.cityofdecatural.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890