Job ID#: PL055002-220727
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Planning Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: The minimum annual starting salary of the pay range (paid biweekly) is: $44,321.37 (annually).
Salary Range: The minimum annual starting salary of the pay range (paid biweekly) is: $44,321.37 (annually).
Application Deadline: Sep 1, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position manages and performs professional planning functions; researches, gathers data, and prepares reports, presentations, publications, spreadsheets, tables and charts; prepares voting districts and submits for review; researches and prepares amendments to the zoning ordinances and subdivision regulations; prepare and reviews packages for various public meetings, reviews census materials, develops and delivers public presentations; prepares department payroll.
- BS degree in Urban Planning and Development, Public Administration, or other course of study related to this occupational field.
- Previous experience with GIS and community planning highly desirable.
- Must be proficient with computers including Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe, as well as other software programs required as part of this position.
- Possession of, or ability to achieve a current AICP (American Institute of Certified Planners) certification, and/or other continuing education programs to ensure continuous professional development and learning in the field of planning and urban development.
- Valid Drivers’ License
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.