Parks Maintenance Associate I
Department: Parks & Recreation
Position Type: Standing Application
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position assists in the maintenance of city parks, athletic fields, and related facilities; performs turf management duties; prepares athletic fields for play.
- Installs and maintains landscaping. Removes litter and debris from playgrounds, parking lots, pavilions, and other park facilities; empties trash receptacles.
- Assists in preparing for tournaments, special events, and programs.
- Trims, removes and provides care for trees, bushes and ornamental plants.
- Inspects playground and reports maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Alabama for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.