Landfill Maintenance Associate
Job ID#: LF035006-210616
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Landfill Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 9
Salary Range: Min: $27,724.13 – $42,185.54
Application Deadline: Aug 3, 2021
Competitive written examination is required for this position and eligible candidates will receive notification of scheduled examination location and time via EMAIL, or U.S. Mail where email information is not provided on employee application or resume.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance and operations of the city landfill.
- Maintains landfill grounds.
- Operates a bush hog, mowers, weed eaters, and other grounds maintenance equipment.
- Maintains leachate building and monitors pump operations.
- Maintains and repairs tools and equipment.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a high school diploma or GED. Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Alabama for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.