Job ID#: AS041002-220922
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Animal Services
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: The minimum annual starting salary of the pay range (paid biweekly) is: $38,559.02 (annual).
Salary Range: The minimum annual starting salary of the pay range (paid biweekly) is: $38,559.02 (annual).
Application Deadline: Oct 6, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position supervises kennel operations, including the care and management of shelter animals.
- Directs the work of kennel staff; ensures work is performed in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintains the health and well-being of shelter animals; vaccinates and medicates animals; monitors animals for signs of disease and aggression; takes appropriate actions.
- Assists with and performs euthanasia; maintains related records.
- Manage front desk duties; maintains departmental records; enters information into a computerized database; oversees the retention of records.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years experience or service.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Alabama for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Possession or of ability to readily obtain Certified Euthanasia Technician certification.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.