Department: Community Development
Position Type: Standing Application
|VACANCY ID#||POSTING DATE||CLOSING DATE|
|JOB TITLE||Grants Administrator|
|STATUS||Full-time Classified Service|
SALARY GRADE **
|The City of Decatur compensation plan is based on an 18-step progression system. The following reflects the entry level potential in the assigned grade/range.**
|**A starting salary above the minimum point of the assigned range may be considered commensurate with education, training and experience in alignment with the City’s pay administration policies**|
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES||· Will proactively research and identify appropriate grant opportunities.
· Will assist city departments with data collection and grant proposal preparation, including application submission.
· Will ensure timely execution of awards and contracts to the City Council for approval.
· Will be responsible for authorizing expenses against grant requirements.
· Will audit and reconcile grant expenses for monthly reimbursement and maintain detailed and accurate grant files.
· Will be responsible for authorizing grant expenditures within grant requirements.
· Will audit and reconcile grant activities, including reimbursement processing and financial compliance reporting.
*Job description available upon request or at our website – www.cityofdecatural.com
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS||· A four-year degree in Contract/Project Management, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other course of study related to the occupational field.
· Previous grant or contract/project management experience required; preferably in similar setting.
· Must be proficient with computers, including Microsoft office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe with ability to quickly learn departmental systems and software programs.
|HOW TO APPLY**||The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other protected status.
Employment Applications are available on the City’s website at www.cityofdecatural.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date.
May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890
**Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.