Equipment Operator III
Department: Landfill Department
Position Type: Standing Application
Candidates may submit an application for Equipment Operator III. When a spot becomes available, active applications on file will be considered.
Application for this position can be made at the Human Resources Department, City Hall, 402 Lee Street, N.E., Decatur, Alabama, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for operating heavy equipment in support of city landfill operations.
- Operates heavy equipment in support of landfill operations, including dozer, compactors, dump trucks and tractors.
- Reports all needed repairs and safety concerns to the supervisor.
- Maintains work facility, including sweeping, pressure washing and cleaning.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Directs traffic within the landfill and in the disposal site.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of specialized training the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Alabama for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.