Job ID#: EN033002-220727
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Engineering Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: The minimum annual starting salary of the pay range (paid biweekly) is: $59,607.32 (annual).
Salary Range: The minimum annual starting salary of the pay range (paid biweekly) is: $59,607.32 (annual).
Application Deadline: Sep 1, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for supporting the city’s engineering functions and for providing professional engineering support for a variety of city projects.
- Assists in preparing professional contract services for large engineering projects, evaluates and selects engineering firms; monitors and reviews the work of contractors to ensure compliance with specifications; coordinates design and construction activities; assists with managing compliance with Alabama Department of Environmental Management’s (ADEM) storm water regulations; coordinates projects with Alabama Department of Transportation, the Federal Highway Administration, and Army Corps of Engineers regulations; prepares and plans for Public Works projects, including street, storm drain, sidewalk, bike path and sanitary sewer projects; inspects field work in progress and upon completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or other related engineering discipline.
- Prior experience as a Civil Engineer preferred
- State of Alabama certification as a Professional Engineer or willingness to obtain highly desired.
- Valid driver’s license.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.