Crime Scene Technician I
Job ID#: PD021011-220922
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Police Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: The minimum annual starting salary of the pay range (paid biweekly) is: $38,559.02 (annual).
Salary Range: The minimum annual starting salary of the pay range (paid biweekly) is: $38,559.02 (annual).
Application Deadline: Oct 6, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position performs technical field and laboratory work involving the investigation of crime scenes and the forensic examination of physical evidence
- Collects and performs preliminary comparisons of latent fingerprints prints from evidence, crime scenes, and individuals, both living and deceased.
- Performs general crime scene processing such as identifying, processing, collecting, and preserving evidence found at crime scenes; prepares crime scene sketches.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with coworkers, superiors, the public, etc.; provides assistance to other law enforcement agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in forensic sciences or one of the natural sciences. Degree in Criminal Justice or Criminology may be considered in lieu of forensic/natural science degree.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Candidates who already possess the National Forensic Association (NFA) certification will receive preferential consideration**
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.