Chief Financial Officer
Job ID#: FI016001-201118
Classification: Exempt Service Position
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Finance Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number:
Salary Range: Bi-weekly $3,320.34 - $5,052.29 -- OR -- Annual $82,328.80 - $131,359.48 *Salary may be commensurate with experience within this assigned range*
Application Deadline: Dec 18, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for directing, managing, supervising and administration of the city’s financial operations. It serves as Chief Financial Officer for the city; advises departments, the City Council and the Mayor regarding financial matters; represents the city in audits and other claims.
- Coordinates the development of the city’s annual operating and capital budgets; conducts budget hearings; monitors and analyzes cash balances, revenues, and expenditures to ensure compliance with budget and management objectives; prepares forecasts and revisions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or closely related field, supplemented by graduate-level degree in governmental finance/accounting, auditing, public or business administration.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the objectives and functions of the department and direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require ten (10) or more years of related experience in governmental finance and accounting and procurement, including supervisory experience; or, any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the above knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of the legal requirements relating to operation of the financial, accounting, and auditing program in a municipal finance department, including modern principles and practices of municipal finance administration, governmental accounting, GAAFR, investing, budgeting, and auditing.
- Ability to be bonded
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.