Animal Control Officer
Job ID#: AS041003-211008
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Animal Services
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 11
Salary Range: Min: $31,367.44 – $47,729.27
Application Deadline: Oct 22, 2021
A starting salary above the minimum point of the assigned range may be considered commensurate with education, training and experience in alignment with the City’s pay administration policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will support the City’s Animal Services department with primary responsibility in the enforcement of animal control ordinances and for the impounding and care of animals.
- Will respond to citizen complaints and emergency calls, including after-hours emergencies as needed in an on-call rotation with other ACO’s; may assist with removal of wildlife from homes; captures and removes stray, uncontrolled, or abused animals from undesirable conditions; investigates reports of animal attacks or animal cruelty; interviews witnesses, collects evidence, and writes reports expenditures.
- Issues warnings or citations in connection with animal-related offenses or contacts law enforcement to report violations and request arrests.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prior experience in an animal services or veterinarian setting highly desired.
- Must be proficient with computers, including Microsoft office products.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Certified Euthanasia Technician certification preferred, or ability/willingness to obtain
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.