Accounting Technician I
Job ID#: PM811003-211008
Classification: Exempt Service Position
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Point Mallard
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 12
Salary Range: Min: $32,955.42 – $50,145.56
Application Deadline: Oct 22, 2021
A starting salary above the minimum point of the assigned range may be considered commensurate with education, training and experience in alignment with the City’s pay administration policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The purpose of this classification is to perform technical duties in support of the City’s financial operations.
- Prepares and processes department payroll records, maintains attendance records, enters overtime amounts, holiday, pay, etc. and submits to Human Resources.
- Creates and enters purchase orders, makes changes to existing purchase orders and prepares spreadsheets to reflect changes.
- Receives and audits invoices for accuracy and processes for payment.
- Prepares budget reports, processes accounts payable, resolves vendor issues and maintains website.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Experience sufficient to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with five or more years of experience in a similar position.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Adobe.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.