Job ID#: FI016005-210607
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Finance Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 17
Salary Range: Min: $41,156.62 – $62,624.67
Application Deadline: Jun 21, 2021
Competitive written examination is required for this position and eligible candidates will receive notification of scheduled examination location and time via EMAIL, or U.S. Mail where email information is not provided on employee application or resume.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position performs accounting functions in support of the city’s financial operations.
- Assists in maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Ensures the accuracy of entries to all funds ledger accounts.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Balances/reconciles assigned accounts.
- Provides financial and software support to city departments; offer department financial position, available budget, run reports as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Must possess skills in Microsoft Office products, with intermediate to advanced level experience in Excel.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.